Saturday 3 January 2009

Roles

I trained as an Occupational Therapist when in my early twenties. My final mental health placement was very difficult for a variety of reasons, however I co lead a community mental health group looking at the roles we have in our lives. The whole nature of the placement changed when my supervisor became aware for the first time of the roles that I had in my life. Did it change because of me or because of my supervisor? - who knows, probably a mixture of the two. What I do know is that I often reflect on that experience but have never tried to repeat it so maybe that is what I am going to do today!

current roles I hold:

mother
daughter
sister
wife
cook
driver
friend
church employee
employer
patient
disciple
home organiser
financial controller
shopper
gardener
lover
card maker
home owner
fair-trade campaigner

Roles I have had in the past:

student
carer
house group leader
seamstress
horse rider/keeper
step mum
socialite
book group member
volunteer worker
girlfriend
home renter
nhs employee
fashion follower

I am sure that I have probably left out many, I will add to it if I think of any!! Some of the roles are ones that I really enjoy some I would very much like to get rid of. I am going to start going through them in more detail in the days to come and am actually quite looking forward to doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment