We simply strolled along until we came to a place where there were fallen trees that we could sit on and then my husband got out his Bible and sat down all together. Looking for something tree related we read John 15 where Jesus describes God as being the vine and us the branches. You can just see on the far right a holly tree, this was the perfect example to explain these verses more clearly for the children especially as it had berries growing on it. There was an air of quiet as we looked at all the dead wood around the tree........
It also gave us the opportunity to talk about 'grafting' as in Romans 9, especially in relation to our eldest being grafted into our family.
The kids were really relaxed, it took very little to keep them focused, we said the Lords prayer together and then continued to enjoy our walk and scrambling in the trees.
Pippin was able to join in to!
Time for conversation un-interrupted.
Great walk, great time with God, great food to finish, nothing could have made this more perfect.
continued to count my blessings with the community created by Ann Voskamp
178. That first cup of tea in the morning, especially when it can be drank in the garden.
179. Being able to give the kids the 'treat' of staying up 'late'.
180. A garden that continues to grow and bloom despite my recent weeks of neglect.
181. The wise wisdom of my spiritual director.
182. Meetings completed without making me feel to blue.
183. Volunteers willing to work with me and take risks, outside of their comfort zones.
184. 30 children already signed up to attend my holiday club.
185. Fun and laughter in the woods with the kids as we make a 'film' for holiday club.
186. Indulging in some embroidery which (except for cross stitch) I haven't done for around 20 years.
187. A settled week for my parents.
188. Letter arriving that I have requested to use in an appeal.
189. Discovering what my puppy dog needs to stop her waking up at 5.30am in the morning!