Tuesday 31 May 2011

Remembering my blessings.

Life is so full of contradiction at the moment, on the one hand I feel more blessed than I have ever felt on the other all around me seems to be falling apart and I cannot work out where God wants me to be.  Both my grandmother and my niece are now in hospital suffering with mental illness, my mother is being held together by my father whose heavy heart sounds so drained.

Why can't they accept you Lord????????????

I keep having a picture of myself as the wicked witch in The Wizard of Oz, where she has had water thrown over her and is saying while disappearing "I'm melting". I am praying through this that maybe the ME in me might be getting less and HIM in me might be getting more.

No matter what I shall continue to count my blessings with the gratitude community.


570. Attending the wedding of an old friend who has been hurt and rejected but accepted again.
571. Spending time with more old friends, especially when their 17 year old son decides to stay in and play too.
572. A night away with my husband, I love him so dearly.
573. A playful puppy dog who is able to persuade me to get up.
574. The children born from me, playing with the wooden train set, turning back the years.
575. Deliveries of craft material for another exciting activity day I've organised for work.
576. The lives shared by many fellow bloggers, that encourage me daily.
577. My youngest with flowers in her hair.
578. Strawberries getting fatter in the garden.
579. The promise that there will be no more tears and no more mourning.

And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.  He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”  Revelation 21:3-4



No comments:

Post a Comment