Saturday 2 May 2009

Beautiful Spring Flowers

One of the greatest treats for me while I was on retreat was getting to see carpets of gorgeous wild flowers. Below are a couple of them.

It seems to have been an incredibly good year for blue bells in England this year, my mum and dad have reported seeing lots and lots in the midlands, they are in my garden and there were just loads in the woods around the Friary.


















Ramsons (Allium ursinum) also known as wild garlic because of its pungent smell. This seemed to be particularly fond of the banks along the roadside. The flowers are so beautiful and delicate when you get real close they are like little individual stars.





There was also a secret garden in the grounds which was abounding in all colours and types of rhododendron, and some others which I am still to identify!








I am not the greatest photographer in the world but with my little snappy camera I was really pleased to have at least caught a little bit of the beauty that I was surround by.

2 comments:

  1. Completely gorgeous! One of my dreams is to plant an English-style country garden, but living in a place that is really high desert (15-20 inches of rain per year), it's a pipe dream unless I want to make the water company quite wealthy and spend hours outside with a hose in hand. Sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to see what you are able to grow in those conditions Susanne, I'm planning to do some blogging on my garden as it is coming on a treat after 7 years of working at it (even if I do say so myself!).

    ReplyDelete