Tuesday 15 November 2011

Back to Basics

It has been far too long since I wrote down any weekly blessings.  This is a practise that I have been doing since 5th January 2010 following the example of Ann Voskamp (click the link at the bottom of this post) - you can see that first post here.
My dear husband pointed out to me the other day that it was a long time since I had written any down.  How quickly our eyes can be distracted by life, so today I will start again to count my many blessings.

650. Opportunities to travel.
651. My lovely little car staying healthy!
652. Having a quick lunch in the car between jobs, but having the most amazing view.
653. Hugs from friends.
654. An evening to catch up on some favourite tv programmes.
655. Brilliant autumn colours in the middle of November.
656. My growing wave patterned crochetted blanket.
657. Time to gather promises from the bible.
658. Creative ideas swirling in my head.
659. My 10 year old girl's growing sense of humour and the laughter that it brings.

I am so pleased to be able to get these down.  It does help to try and keep our woes in context.  There are amazing things happening as well.  Work is providing me with the opportunity to get immersed in some really fun activities - maybe I might actually get round to blogging about some of those over on my work blog!




1 comment:

  1. It's been a while since I wrote down my blessings. Thanks for the encouragement to start again. Such a valuable exercise! Love your entry #659 - Nothing better than the laughter of children! *:)

    ReplyDelete