Friday 30 April 2010

Wild Flower Walk.


Today I got the opportunity to go for a lovely walk with my puppy and my husband.  Having my husband along gave me the extra bonus of being able to get some lovely photographs.  We decided to go to a place called Pepperbox Hill, 5 miles from Salisbury city centre - you can see the cathedral in the picture above.  It was about a 35 minute drive from home, a place my husband had noticed as we had driven by on many occassions but a place at which we had never stopped at before.  It is land that is looked after by the National Trust, though their website says nothing about it, there is a small car park from which walk paths are marked.  There is a sort of 'folly' building at the top of the hill which a sign told us was built so that the land owner could see what his neighbours were up to!

The walk turned into a wild flower delight, these are what we saw
violets
I think this might be a type of Bugle?
Bluebells
wild garlic
not sure what these are??
possibly Toothwort??
 cowslips

As you can see I am not very good at identifying my wildflowers - note to self - get a good book!  It was not a long walk but it was extreemly enjoyable and a good bit of exercise.  I can't believe that I am 5 months into my 6 months off work - I do feel quite pleased with what I have achieved, to be able to take a couple of hours out to go on a walk to look at wild flowers makes me feel I must be reasonably relaxed.  Long may that continue!



No comments:

Post a Comment