Thursday 12 November 2009

Sacrificial Love.


This week I feel like I have been through a mangle. However it hasn't half made me think about sacrificial love.


I have been working very hard on something, feeling that I am doing the 'right' thing, and then have suddenly found that I do not have the immediate outcome I wanted. The result of this is that I feel quite devastated.


So I have a decision to make, I can stay devastated, or I can just jolly well learn a lesson.


If I stay devastated I am going to be awful to live with and am going to completely undo all the good relationship building stuff that I have spent the whole week working on. That seems a very silly immature response.


I do believe that I have been doing the 'right' thing. However maybe I haven't been doing it completely for the 'right' reason. I do understand that sacrificial love means having no conditions, complete unconditional love is sacrificial. That is the example that Jesus set us. That is the example that Paul set us in the new testament, so I can't use the excuse that I'm just a mere mortal person. It is therefore possible to express sacrificial love and I obviously have a long way to go in learning to express it.


So I shall try and learn my lesson, be pleased with the fact that I did do the 'right' thing and move on. So easy to write but I do know it is going to be a very very hard lesson to learn.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could be as strong as you. You are doing really well Jane and life has thrown you
    some pretty hard stuff.

    Keep on as you are, you will come out of this even stronger.
    God bless
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete